For the first time, we’re partnering with the Speciality Coffee Association (SCA) to invite up to 60 coffee lovers to complete our onsite Introduction to Coffee Module
The half day course is ideally suited to passionate enthusiasts or those considering a career in coffee.
- The course is discounted to £60 (normally £150) and includes a ticket to the Edinburgh Coffee Festival
- Attendees will learn about coffee’s journey from its origins in Ethiopia to the major commodity it is today. From farming the cherries through drying, roasting, brewing and finally drinking, this half day course also includes a coffee cupping so attendees learn about flavour and aroma.
- It’s a toe in the water before diving into a professional course with SCA or for home brewers looking to up their game.
- Tickets must be bought in advance to one of these sessions:
- Morning session: 10.30am – 1pm
- Afternoon session: 2pm – 4.30pm
- The format:
- Three accredited professional trainers will each train 10 delegates
- A total of 30 delegates will attend each session
- Delegates will be introduced to three key areas of specialty coffee: roasting, brewing and sensory (taste, aroma and more)
- Delegates will receive a certificate of completion and will then have the opportunity to move into further education and learn more about the coffee world. The course is globally recognised.